On 21 October 1947 in Bytom, Deputy Prosecutor Stanisław Woznowski interviewed the person named below as a witness, without an oath. Having been advised of the criminal liability for making false declarations, the witness testified as follows:

Name and surname Mieczysław Nawrocki
Parents’ names Władysław and Kazimiera, née Plewińska
Age 70
Place of residence Bytom, Krakowska Street 30
Occupation accountant
Criminal record none
Relationship to the parties none

After the Warsaw Uprising, I was in Piotrków, where I had been sent by the labor office to the Fischer & Diettrich Timber Plant. The plant was run by two Germans: Hans Fischer and Diettrich (who was supposedly a pilot; I don’t know where he came from). One and a half thousand Jews were assigned to the factory. I heard from my colleagues that Fischer shot at the Jews.

I personally never saw it, but it was witnessed by Kalinowski and Szmeja (from the Poznań Voivodeship), who lived in factory blocks, and by Dr. Kasprowicz from Gdańsk, a Pole who ran the entire administration.

I don’t know where those people are right now. I only heard that Dr. Kasprowicz returned to Gdańsk. One of my co-workers is now the head of the Piotrków prison.

I myself only saw Fischer, who was always drunk. He was rude to workers and forced us, white-collar workers, to do physical work. Once, when I refused to assemble packages, Fischer sent me with an escort to the Gestapo as a saboteur. However, I met with a decent man there, who saw no reason to investigate me and sent me back. Then, Fischer dismissed me from work in December 1944. I don’t know what happened in the factory afterwards.

I heard that Fischer shot Jews like animals when he got drunk.

I did not know that Fischer was previously in the ghetto; I have only found out about it recently from the press. There was a Fischer in Warsaw, in the German police, but I suppose it was not the Fischer from Piotrków. I do not know anything about the Fischer from the police.

It is not true that during the uprising he belonged to the group of workers of the Verbrennungskommando. One day during the uprising, and it was on the first day of the uprising, a tank arrived at the building at Wolska Street 6, where I lived. A German officer got out of it and asked everyone he met to show him their Kennkarte, and whenever it said “Pole,” he called, heraus! [get out], and shot them in the back. I saw a lot of corpses in the yard. In my presence in the basement, he murdered Feliks Krawczyk, a merchant, and his son Eugeniusz, a secondary school student. He shot at me, but he missed, only because I twitched my head. At night, I saw a Ukrainian man hanging the bodies of the murdered people in the windows of the first floor apartments; he poured gasoline on them and burned them.

Later on, I learned that the officer I have testified about was a Pole.

I was in the Pruszków camp, and I don’t even know where St. Adalbert Church is. I don’t know anything about the transit camp

I don’t know anything about the Verbrennungskommando group.

The report was read out.