Warsaw, 23 January 1946. The investigating judge, Alicja Germasz, heard the witness mentioned below. The witness was warned about the criminal liability for giving false testimony and about the meaning of the oath. The judge took the oath from the witness, who then testified as follows:

Ryszard Krawczyk, 26, son of Jan and Regina, residing in Warsaw, Majdańska Street 18, chauffeur, Roman Catholic, no criminal record.

In the second half of August 1944, while hiding from the Germans who were deporting men en masse from Praga (I was living on Majdańska Street), I found myself in the apartment of my father-in-law, Tadeusz Surgiewicz, at Golędzinów Street 6. There, through the window of the apartment and through the gaps in the wooden wall of the house, I watched some executions being carried out by the Germans in the Jewish cemetery (located opposite Golędzinów Street). Within the course of the next few days (how many, I don’t remember) in the second half of August 1944, a car drove up to the cemetery gate right after the curfew. I remember that one day six or seven Gestapo men (uniformed) arrived in a car, entered the cemetery and dug a fairly deep pit there, then they left and after a few minutes they returned, bringing with them four civilians (I don’t remember if they were men or women), and they told these people to approach the pit, and one of the Germans shot them in the back of the head one by one. All four of them fell to the ground. The Germans threw the dead into the pit and drove off. The next day, at the same time, they brought a few more people and in the same way as the day before, they shot them, throwing them into the pit and covering them with soil. The next day they arrived in a covered truck, and then four people came out of it. From the first four, some people started to run away and everyone who was trying to escape was shot with machine guns. The next four were led out behind the cemetery gate and immediately executed there. Then the Germans dragged them to the pit and threw them in. I also saw some people from the first four, who had been shot but were still alive, thrown down into the pit. I would like to mention that on the same day when the people were brought in by truck, the Germans had come in the morning and dug one big pit. Twelve people were shot on that day. The following day, the Gestapo men brought four men by car again. They told the men to dig four holes near the place where the previous pits were located. Then, over each of the pits, they shot one man who immediately fell into the pit. They filled in the ditches and left.

The above facts were witnessed along with myself by:

a) Tadeusz Surgiewicz, residing at Majdanska Street 18 flat 17,

b) Henryk Surgiewicz, residing at Golędzinów Street 6,

c) Zygmunt Bocian,

and a number of other people.

The report was read out.