Commune: the town of Zawichost
on mass executions and mass graves
1. Date and place of execution:
July 1943, Góry Wysokie (Garbów).
2. Type of execution (by shooting, by hanging, etc.):
3. Personal data of the murdered victims:
Poles, Jews, foreigners: Poles.
Number of murdered victims: 2 people.
The victims were brought in from: Stopped on the way from the station.
Surname, age, occupation, address:
|1)||Michał Krawiec, aged 36, locksmith, a resident of Zawichost,|
|2)||Henryk Wierciński, born in 1922, laborer, a resident of Zawichost.|
|4.||Is it known what the victims were accused of, whether the execution was carried out in retaliation, etc.?|
Suspected of belonging to partisan groups.
5. Who carried out the execution (gendarmerie, Gestapo, SS, police, Wehrmacht)?
6. Are the surnames of the perpetrators known (please provide the surnames)?
7. Were the corpses burned or destroyed in any other way?
The corpses were collected by the families and taken to Zawichost.
8. Where were the corpses buried (exact location)?
9. Description of the grave(s) (size, estimated number of victims buried in one grave):
In single, normal-sized graves.
10. Was there an official exhumation? Were the corpses buried officially, and if so, where?
11. Are there any grounds for exhumation in the future?
On 22 September 1945, the contents of the above questionnaire were officially certified by Henryk Łukasiewicz, the mayor of the town of Zawichost, with the Municipal Court in Sandomierz.