concerning mass executions and mass graves
Township: Leszczyny village
Commune: Krępa Kościelna
1. Date and place of execution.
28 October 1942, Leszczyny village.
2. Type of execution.
3. Personal data of the murdered victims.
Poles, Jews, foreigners: Poles
How many people were murdered: 5 people
The victims were brought in from: Local residents from Leszczyny,
Surname, age, occupation, address:
|1)||Teofil Maj, 32 years old, a farmer|
|2)||Józef Chamerski, 21 years old, a farmer|
|3)||Marian Trzanek, 22 years old, a farmer, Leszczyny village|
|4)||Stanisław Wójcicki, 24 years old, a farmer, Krępa Kościelna commune|
|5)||Tadeusz Pawelczyk, 21 years old, a farmer|
|6)||Jan Zawadzki, 38 years old, a farmer|
|4.||Is it known what the victims were accused of, whether the execution was carried out in retaliation, etc.?|
They were accused of membership in a political organization.
5. Who carried out the execution (gendarmes, Gestapo men, SS men, policemen, the Wehrmacht)?
The gendarmes from Lipsko nad Wisłą.
6. Are the surnames of the perpetrators known? (Give the surnames).
7. Were the corpses burnt or destroyed otherwise (where)?
The corpses were left at the crime scene, and later buried in the cemetery in Krępa
Kościelna by the families of the executed.
8. Where were the corpses buried (provide the exact location)?
In the cemetery in Krępa Kościelna.
9. Description of the place of burial (graves, dimensions, estimated number of victims buried in one grave).
Single graves – in standard dimensions and in accordance with religious custom.
10. Were the corpses exhumed, were they officially reinterred (report)? If “yes” to the latter, then where?
11. Are there any grounds for conducting their exhumation in the future?
On 1 October 1945, the contents of the above questionnaire were officially certified by Kazimierz Grodzicki, the head of Krępa Kościelna commune, with the Municipal Court in Lipsko.