On 12 October 1948, a member of the District Commission for the Investigation of German Crimes in Warsaw, Judge Halina Wereńko, with the participation of Wincenty Czubaj, the head of the Nieporęt municipality (domiciled in the village of Białobrzegi, Nieporęt municipality) and Stefan Ochman, an office worker in the Nieporęt municipality (domiciled in the village of Białobrzegi, Nieporęt municipality), arrived at Beniaminów in the village of Białobrzegi, Nieporęt municipality, in the Warsaw county, where, in a barracks, during the German occupation – from the autumn of 1941 to the autumn of 1944 – a camp for Russian prisoners of war was located.
Only brick barrack buildings have survived to this day. An arable field is located to the north of the barracks, where, according to the statement made by the municipality head Wincenty Czubaj and Stefan Ochman, there had been camp huts. Only one chimney has survived, in the middle of the field. The barbed wire has been removed and arranged in strips, dividing the field.
To the north-east of the camp, next to the woods, the municipality head Wincenty Czubaj and Stefan Ochman indicated numerous graves of different size, where the corpses of Soviet prisoners of war brought from the camp had been buried.
The average size of the graves is as follows:
96 graves: 3x6, 82 graves: 4x2, and 119 single graves.
During the examination, the Judge instructed Stefan Ochman to prepare a site plan of the camp by 19 October 1948.